Other Programs & Services
Moving Well™ Training and Education
A custom-designed training and education series of the Kairos Alive! Choreography of Care™ model for those involved with intergenerational or older adult programs, from caregivers to top leadership and everyone in-between. Includes framework, research, lectures, videos, Moving Well™ training book, and practical opportunities for interactive participation and observation. Focus can be customized to intergenerational models; caregivers of persons with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease or other neuro-cognitive impairments; and people of all ages with developmental disabilities.
This Moving Well™ training will change [the student’s] lives forever!
Kairos Alive! Performance Troupe
Kairos Alive! Performance Troupe presents 10-12 performances annually featuring works from our repertoire, and pieces created in collaboration with partners. We bring dance into the community, connecting with audiences in traditional and non-traditional venues. KAIROS Alive Performance Group members span generations, ranging in age from 4 to 100. Our unique vision of intergenerational dance has earned us invitations to perform at local and national events.
Speakers Bureau/Speaking Engagements
Maria Genné, Kairos Alive! Founder/Director, is also a nationally-known speaker and consultant. Maria offers presentations and interactive events on a variety of topics related to her award winning work. Past speaking engagements have addressed her collective work designed to tap into the creativity of all ages and abilities, inviting them as collaborators in the artistic process of dance, music and storytelling; and the importance of this model as a new and vital role in our society.
Presentations and interactive participatory events offered on:
- Participatory Performing Art Making
- Arts and Aging/Creative Aging
- Arts and Health/Wellbeing
- Dementia Performing Arts
- Intergenerational Interactive Performing Arts & Mentoring
- Community Collaboration through the Arts
- Artist as Wellbeing Catalyst
Past/Future speaking engagements:
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Center for Creative Aging
- American Society on Aging
- American Public Health Association
- Collaborative on Health and the Environment
- Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement (ICSI)
- Entelechy Arts, England
- RESEO, Europe
- ArtSage Minnesota
- On Lok Sustainable Long-Term Care Conference
- National Center for Creative Aging: Creative Caregiver Initiative – Master Teaching Artist
- Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement (ICSI) – Keynote and Performance
- Collaborative on the Health and Environment Conference, NYC
Kairos Alive! Founder/Director, Speaker and Consultant
Maria is a dancer, choreographer and educator. Her mission is to create interactive dance, music and story theater programs for older adults and intergenerational groups. This award winning work is designed to tap into the creativity of all ages and abilities, inviting them as collaborators in the artistic process of dance, music and storytelling. It models a new and vital role in our society for the community-based, professional performing artist. Her choreography is recognized for its ability to highlight the beauty of the human experience through movement and story.