Other Programs & Services
Moving Well™ Training
Creative Aging/Arts and Health
Orientation to Research and Practices
Virtual Training, 3 weekends – November 2023
Engage clients, staff, family members and volunteers physically, mentally and emotionally, through practical, joyful performing arts involvement and research learning.
Experience Kairos Alive!’s national award-winning performing arts prescription for wellbeing™ model that offers practical opportunities to encourage health and wellbeing. Video, lecture, discussion, on-line material and interactive sessions provide orientation to research and Kairos Alive! practices in Creative Aging, and Arts in Healthcare. As featured in the PBS documentary, Arts and the Mind.
Focus of the training includes intergenerational models and models for older adults and their caregivers. Useful for people serving those with neuro-cognitive impairment, including early and mid to late stage memory loss, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s Disease, and for people of all ages with developmental disabilities. Tools and techniques are introduced that can be immediately applied to work and life.
- Improve mental health.
- Reduce depression, stress and anxiety
- Create connection and lessen impact of isolation
- Improve strength, balance and coordination while having fun
- Recover motor function and reasoning
- Build confidence and socialize effectively
- Achieve greater independence and integration into the community
- Stabilize or reduce effects of illness or disability
- Easier and more enjoyable dressing, transfers, ambulating, hygiene and travel
- Fewer patient requests
- Create intergenerational programming for participant wellbeing and satisfaction
Who can benefit: Medical and nursing professionals, social service and arts professionals, administrators, activities specialists, program managers, students, family and professional caregivers, volunteers, citizen activists.
Taught by: Maria Genné, Parker Genné and Kairos Alive! Master Teaching Artists
No Prerequisites/Certificate of Completion/CEU’s Available
- Friday, November 3 and Saturday, November 4, 6 -9pm Central/23:00 GMT
- 3-hour Coaching Saturday, November 11th (time TBA)
- Friday, November 17 and Saturday, November 18, 6-9pm Central/23:00 GMT
Contact: [email protected]
Moving Well™ Training and Education
A custom-designed training and education series of the Kairos Alive! Choreography of Care™ model for those involved with intergenerational or older adult programs, from caregivers to top leadership and everyone in-between. Includes framework, research, lectures, videos, Moving Well™ training book, and practical opportunities for interactive participation and observation. Focus can be customized to intergenerational models; caregivers of persons with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease or other neuro-cognitive impairments; and people of all ages with developmental disabilities.
Kairos Alive! Performance Troupe
Kairos Alive! Performance Troupe presents 10-12 performances annually featuring works from our repertoire, and pieces created in collaboration with partners. We bring dance into the community, connecting with audiences in traditional and non-traditional venues. KAIROS Alive Performance Group members span generations, ranging in age from 4 to 100. Our unique vision of intergenerational dance has earned us invitations to perform at local and national events.
Speakers Bureau/Speaking Engagements
Maria Genné, Kairos Alive! Founder/Director, is also a nationally-known speaker and consultant. Maria offers presentations and interactive events on a variety of topics related to her award winning work. Past speaking engagements have addressed her collective work designed to tap into the creativity of all ages and abilities, inviting them as collaborators in the artistic process of dance, music and storytelling; and the importance of this model as a new and vital role in our society.
Presentations and interactive participatory events offered on:
- Participatory Performing Art Making
- Arts and Aging/Creative Aging
- Arts and Health/Wellbeing
- Dementia Performing Arts
- Intergenerational Interactive Performing Arts & Mentoring
- Community Collaboration through the Arts
- Artist as Wellbeing Catalyst
Past/Future speaking engagements:
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Center for Creative Aging
- American Society on Aging
- American Public Health Association
- Collaborative on Health and the Environment
- Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement (ICSI)
- Entelechy Arts, England
- RESEO, Europe
- ArtSage Minnesota
- On Lok Sustainable Long-Term Care Conference
- National Center for Creative Aging: Creative Caregiver Initiative – Master Teaching Artist
- Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement (ICSI) – Keynote and Performance
- Collaborative on the Health and Environment Conference, NYC
Kairos Alive! Founder/Director, Speaker and Consultant